Good Women Dance Collective is accepting submissions for our new Creative Incubator series, a week-long creation workshop facilitated by local dance and theatre artist Amber Borotsik. Artists will bring their current ideas and interests and be able to work surrounded by the creative energy and input of their peers and community members. The Creative Incubator is open to all disciplines.
The workshop will run April 29 – May 3, 2019, between 9am and 4 pm at the Ruth Carse Centre for Dance (11205 107 Avenue).
The week will include facilitated exercises, sharing, and discussion between participants, opportunities for collaboration, and an informal public showing/sharing at the culmination.
Prepare to question and be questioned, to explore, to collaborate, and to find new and exciting pathways and processes for you and your work.
- A brief artist statement or biography
- A description of the ideas/ interests you’d like to explore
- Why you are interested in this specific creative format
- What you intend to achieve throughout the workshop. (What is the next step in your creation?)
- Details about any large props and/or equipment you will be working with
- Examples of past or present work (for example: YouTube/Vimeo links, website, photo gallery, script, sound file or link, etc). Online sources or electronic files only – no hard copy support material, please.
- Optional additional support or research materials are welcome.
Submission deadline is January 15th, 2019 at midnight. Late or hard copy submissions will not be accepted. Please email all submissions to email@example.com. You will be notified of your results by February 1st, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be providing lights for the public showing/sharing. We will be using basic studio lighting. There is no remuneration in terms of rehearsal or performance fees; however, you will receive valuable feedback throughout your process!