Good Women is accepting applications for our 2018/19 residency program, providing free rehearsal space to performance-based artists.
- Free access to our space at the Ruth Carse Centre Dance (11205-107 ave) which is 48’ by 43’, has sprung Marley flooring and floor to ceiling mirrors.
- 1-3 week block of time Mondays and Wednesdays 9am-4pm and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 12pm-4pm.
- Creative guidance/mentorship from any and all of the collective artists if desired.
- An informal studio showing of your work in process on the final afternoon of your residency. If a public showing is not part of your process, please suggest an alternative form of engaging with the public (ie open rehearsal, teaching a workshop, creating blog posts, etc).
- Out of town artists could be provided billeting depending on the time of year and specific living needs (allergies etc).
- Project Description: What are you interested in exploring during your residency? Who is involved? Describe your goals for the residency and how you plan on achieving them.
- Rationale for why this residency opportunity is important to your creative process.
- What are your future performance or workshop plans for the piece?
- Your first, second and third choice of residency timing. Propose 1-3 week periods between September 1, 2018 and August 31, 2019.
- Examples of past or present work (youtube or vimeo links only).
- Optional support and research materials are welcome.
Deadline to submit is May 1st, 2018.
We will be contacting all applicants with decisions by May 25th, 2018.
Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send hard copy submissions; only electronic submissions will be considered.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.