Good Women Dance Collective (GWDC) is seeking expressions of interest from individuals wishing to serve as members of their Board of Directors. The collective is entering into their tenth season, which is an exciting time to join the Board of Directors that serves to support GWDC’s work.
Good Women Dance Collective (GWDC) is a creation-based company committed to supporting a vibrant and sustainable contemporary dance community in Edmonton. The artistic focus is on creating, commissioning and producing innovative new works that simultaneously challenge and expand audiences. Current artistic members Ainsley Hillyard, Alison Kause, Alida Kendell and Kate Stashko have trained across Canada, the U.S. and Europe, and continue to work towards making contemporary dance more accessible to the general public. Good Women is a registered charity and non-profit organization.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Board members are expected to:
- Consistently attend GWDC board meetings, sub-committee meetings, events and performances
- Participate on at least one sub-committee
- Contribute their skills and knowledge to benefit the growth and development of GWDC
- Act as an ambassador and establish new relationships in the community for GWDC
- Complete tasks and responsibilities based on board member’s involvement
Time commitment varies based on each individual’s involvement. However, board members should be prepared to provide 5-10 hours a month.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- We are currently seeking board members with professional experience in the following industries:
- Marketing and Communications
- Organization, Governance and Policy
- Risk Management
- Those working toward designations are welcome to apply
- Those with other professional experience are welcome to apply
- Previous board experience is considered an asset
GWDC is focused on creating a Board of Directors that is diverse and inclusive.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com no later than October 1, 2018.