Good Women is accepting applications for our 2019/2020 Artist in Residence program, providing free rehearsal space to performance-based artists.
Artists in Residence receive:
- Free access to our space at the Ruth Carse Centre Dance, (11205-107 ave) which is 48’ by 43’ and has sprung Marley flooring and floor to ceiling mirrors, for a 1-3 week block of time Mondays and Wednesdays 9am-4pm and Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 12pm-4pm.
- Creative guidance/mentorship from any and all of the collective artists, if desired.
- An informal studio showing of your work-in-progress on the final afternoon of your residency. If a public showing is not part of your process, please suggest an alternative form of engaging with the public (ie. open rehearsal, teaching a workshop, creating blog posts, etc).
- Out of town artists could be provided billeting depending on the time of year and specific living needs (allergies etc).
- Artist Statement
- Project Description:
- What are you interested in exploring during your residency? Who is involved? Describe your goals for the residency and how you plan on achieving them.
- The rationale for why this residency opportunity is important to your creative process.
- What are your future performance or workshop plans for the piece?
- Your first, second and third choice of residency timing. Propose 1-3 week periods between September 1, 2019 and August 31, 2020.
- Examples of past or present work (youtube or vimeo links only).
- Optional support and research materials are welcome.
Deadline to submit is May 6th, 2019. We will be contacting all applicants with decisions by May 27th, 2019. Submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send hard copy submissions; only electronic submissions will be considered. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Photo by niuboi featuring Marynia Fekecz (AIR 2018/2019).