The Good Women Dance Collective is calling for What’s Cooking? submissions.
The informal work-in-progress event on April 29, 2018 allows for artists to present their work and engage in a critical dialogue with the audience about it. Following each performance, audience members will provide feedback in a question and answer session, as well as through written surveys that are tailored specifically to each piece.
Who can apply?
We are looking for artistic works from any genre that are in a creation or development phase.
Keep in mind…
- Only artists who intend on developing their work further will be considered
- Each artist who is accepted will be given a minimum 20-minute slot to present their work and dialogue with the audience. For this reason, we advise that the work presented stays around the five- to ten-minute mark to ensure that there is enough time left to engage in a meaningful discussion with the audience.
- The work presented does not have to be completely set or in sequence – you can choose to show an improvisational score or to just show sections of work.
- There is no remuneration in terms of performance fees, however you will get a performance opportunity, valuable feedback on your creation as well as a free meal!
How to apply?
To apply to be part of What’s Cooking? 2018, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Artist’s CVA description of the work you are creating
A statement of why you are interested in receiving feedback on your work/the type of feedback you are looking for
- What you intend to do with the feedback
Let us know what the next steps in your creation process may be
- Details of performance:
- Number of performers
- Duration of the piece
- Technical requirements
– sound (we will run sound off iTunes on a laptop, through a basic sound system. We do not have access to QLab.)
*There is a general lighting state but we cannot provide specific lighting.
- Additional support material – not mandatory, but appreciated
Such as video footage of the work
Deadline to apply:
Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:59pm MT
Late or hard copy submissions will not be accepted
All applicants will be notified about final decisions by March 16, 2018