GWDC response to the COVID-19 pandemic – As an organization we have decided to take the following measures in light of this rapidly changing situation:
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING POSTPONEMENTS/CANCELLATIONS
- All classes will be suspended until April 6
- All rentals until April 6 will be cancelled.
- We will be assessing the situation week by week, but as it stands, GWDC will not be accepting rental requests for dates prior to April 6th.
- All rentals upcoming in the month which are experiencing cancellations due to the concerns surrounding COVID-19 have the option to receive a full refund if they have already paid. You may also apply payment to future rentals once things have settled and we are back in full operation. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your needs.
The Beginning of Happiness
- After careful consideration, Good Women Dance Collective and FEMME Vocal Quartet have made the difficult decision to postpone the events of The Beginning of Happiness running March 26, 27, 28, 2020. We believe that the arts are a vital part of a stable, healthy community and that they are what people often turn to in times of stress. However, we have a responsibility to ensure the safety not only of our arts community – our artists and audience – but of the greater community as a whole. We recognize the disappointment this may cause and we feel the same. We are hopeful that we will be able to reschedule the event next season. If you have already purchased tickets, Tix on the Square will offer refunds with no penalties. With that said, we do humbly ask you to consider it a donation to the Good Women Dance Society, as we work to offset the costs of postponing this event. We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to performing for you again soon! If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
The well-being of our audiences, artists, staff, patrons, renters and volunteers is important to us. Your health and well-being remains our top priority. We look forward to welcoming you back to GWDC events and classes as soon as safely possible. Please take care of yourselves in this stressful time. We have found it helpful to do some of the following for our own mental health:
- Limit your media consumption to just enough to stay informed. Take some time for yourself, go for a walk, or spend time with friends & family doing things that you enjoy.
- Keep connected. Maintain your social networks (even via social media & telephone).
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. More information and any updates can be found on the GWDC website – goodwomen.ca and on social media.