Job Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Reports to: Good Women Dance Collective Artists
Time Commitment: Part-time, contract
20 hours per month
Wage: $25 / hr
We are looking for a knowledgeable, self-motivated and arts-engaged communications professional to help showcase Good Women Dance Collective’s work. The successful candidate will provide communications and marketing expertise, media relations and social media planning.
As the collective’s communications lead, the role will involve collaborating with the artists, board, various artistic partners and contractors to facilitate effective promotion and awareness of GWDC initiatives. The part-time, remote role requires an individual who is highly motivated with strong time management and organizational skills, who can work effectively with minimal oversight.
- A degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English along with a minimum of two years of directly related experience is desirable.
- Experience in communications planning, media relations and social media management is desirable.
- Competency with WordPress and MailChimp is required.
- Skills in photography (ameture or professional) are an asset
- Update website, ongoing
- Create blog posts about events, performances and opportunities with accompanying images
- Work with web developer to update website annually to align with branding for season
- Draft and send media releases
- Engage with reporters/bloggers to coordinate interviews/coverage
- Cold call/email for media outreach
- Create and schedule content tailored for each of GWDC’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Monitor social media platforms to interact with questions, comments and content
- Create statistic reports for traction/engagement on social media
- Draft newsletter for collective artists to review/provide feedback
- Source or create images to accompany stories
- Format and send eNews via MailChimp
- Shoot and edit photos of projects and rehearsals
- Create a season timeline for promotions/press releases and social media activity
- Send/submit season events/performances to various publications
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns
- Work with graphic designer to create ads
- Pitch ideas for advertisements/engagement to GWDC artists
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use email subject: Communications & Marketing Manager Application
Application Deadline: February 1 2021, however we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.